I took this shot this morning, complete with a Southern mansion in the background. I wish I had more time to take photos for the fun of it. There is a lot to shoot here.Oh, I do take photos. I write and design and do all the things I love to do for work. But there is a heap of it and I do it mostly on my own time and with my own equipment because in this PBS non-profit, there are no resources and no time to spare for things that require concentration once you are in the daily melee. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. Well, maybe I'm complaining just a little.
Dad was here for Canadian Thanksgiving. So was my friend Terry. Elisabeth was off for the week they were here and I took a couple of days off so I could spend time with them. We did it up right with turkey and taters and all of the trimmings. It made me long for home, what with the drinking Innis and Gunn, which Terry brought down with him, and talking like Canucks. It reminded me that I'm not crazy, I'm just Canadian. I took them to Chattanooga and the Aquarium and the Imax and the Choo Choo and we drove them around the Tennessee countryside. It rained the whole time but we enjoyed ourselves. Here's Dad eating breakfast with his friend Sweet Pea (Dad's the one with his back to the camera).
We had to get up at 3:00 AM on the 19th to get Dad to the Nashville airport in time for his 6:16 AM flight. Not many people on the Interstate at that time on a Sunday morning. I think I'll do that every time I drive on that highway. I won't have to put up with so many bloody big trucks. I-40 is one big rig after another.This afternoon, I'm off to the Bacchanal. Bacchus was the Greek God of wine and intoxication which may give you a hint as to the nature of the Bacchanal. It is a fundraiser for the Appalachian Center for Crafts (a division of Tennessee Tech University). Forty bucks buys you admittance and as much wine and beer as you can consume, plus the chance to bid on art. It is always wise to combine drinking with spending money I always say. Not surprisingly, this is one of the Craft Center's most successful fundraisers. Elisabeth is working the event and WCTE is one of the media sponsors so I get in free.
Anyhow I wanted to let y'all know that I am still alive and feebly kicking. Please find a minute, drop me a line and let me know what is new in your lives.
Cheers!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment