Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rockless, Max, Fred & the Crusades

This photo of Ma and Pa and ole big eared Chipmunk Teeth reminds me of a quote... “Never trust a man that wears a bow tie. A cravat slopes down gently, pointing at and accentuating the genitals. Why would you trust anyone whose tie points out to opposite directions, accentuating his ears?”…from the 2000 movie State and Main


Stoooone Freeeeeeeee

(as free as the graaaaasss grooows, as free as the wind blows, stone free to follow my heart)

The double blast lithotripsy with cherries on top did the job. I have been declared stone free! Now how do I stay that way? The doctor said that 7th Day Adventists never have kidney stones. Holistic, veggie diet or favoritism from above?

Hmmmm, I wonder how many conversions they land from Kidney Stoners?

A nutritionist told me that beer is a good kidney stone cleanser. So that’s my problem. Not enough beer. Man, I like the way that nutritionist thinks.


Max Von Maxx

(murderer, murder victim or just another nutbag?)

In July, I was in a murder mystery. I played Max Von Maxx, the delusional, dedicated manservant of the delusional, doddering Joan Crawfish, played by Elisabeth.

There were 2 murders that night and the Byrdstown TN crowd of a little over 100 guests had to use their powers of deduction to determine the identity of the murderer from a zany cast of characters. Among them, Steve McQueen’s “son” and his redneck mama, a Kojak impersonator, Shirley Temple, a Sarah Palin lookalike, a seedy theatrical agent, a goofy opera singer, an amazon model afraid of her own height and of course, Max and Joan.

Crawfish and Max Von Maxx were based on a Carol Burnett and Harvey Korman spoof of a movie called Sunset Boulevard. Copy and paste this link and it will take you to Carol and Harvey and Tim Conway too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLO4z5m89TE

Apparently we are reprising the performance on Sept 17 in one of the local pubs.

Aaaaaaaand this photo guy has no photos… too busy acting. I’ll try to remember next time around.

The Fred Sanford Shuffle

(what happens when your knees are shot to hell)

I know I shouldn’t but I cannot help myself. I’ve been humming the Sanford & Son theme song when Elisabeth walks by these days. Good thing she appreciates a clever tease. You see, thanks to genetics and 23 years of standing on her feet teaching school, her knees have given out. She cannot sleep because of the chronic pain and has had to miss a lot of school lately. She is feeling miserable. On Sept 6, she goes in for laparoscopic surgery on her right knee. The other one has to wait six months because of the insurance restrictions around here.

So send light and well wishes and, knowing Elisabeth, maybe a joke or two. I know she will appreciate it.


The Crusades Revisited (because it worked out so well the first time)

While you can’t see me in this photo, I am among the peaceful protesters. Here’s what we were protesting.

Ever hear of Geert Wilders? He came to Toronto, London and Ottawa in May at the invitation of the Canadian International Free Press Society so the Canadians in the crowd probably have heard of him.

Geert is a high profile, right-wing Dutch politician and Chairman for the Party for Freedom in the Netherlands. Among other things, the Party of Freedom believes in ethnic registration, in closing Islamic schools and not allowing immigration from non-Western countries.

For a while, the incendiary Wilders was banned from the U.K. because of his hate mongering against Islam and blatant stand against multiculturalism. Sadly, this intolerant spiller of half-truths found a receptive audience in the right-wing Tennessee Freedom Coalition.

At the Cornerstone Church in Nashville on May 12, he talked about Islam being a dangerous ideology rather than a religion and warned the Christians of Tennessee that Islam was at their gate and to not allow them to gain a foothold here.

He urged parents to tell their children that our Western Culture is superior to the Islamic culture and that we must defend our identity, fight for it or lose it. He called mosques hate palaces and urged that we forbid their construction and close down all Islamic schools. And he encouraged anti-sharia law (which the Tennessee legislators are currently considering anyhow).

I touched on the speech highlights, but for the whole thing, go to…

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/05/a_warning_to_america_geert_wil.html

On August 18, Geert Wilder’s film, “A Warning to America,” played at the Putnam County Courthouse. There was an objection to that film playing at the venerable old building. It lent it a validity that it does not deserve. Almost like intolerance is sanctioned by the powers that be.

Then there is nature of the film. I’m all for freedom of speech - the first U.S. amendment is mentioned with envy by Wilders in his Nashville speech. Of course, there is another part of that amendment addressing the free exercise of religion, which he conveniently ignores.

Unless you buy his premise that Islam is an ideology disguised as a religion.

I’m pretty easygoing but there’s stuff that riles me.

I’m impatient with just plain dumbass stupid, I’m impatient with impatience and I’m intolerant of intolerance.

For the story of the protest, go to…

http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/full_story/15152014/article-Courthouse-site-of-protest-over-Islamic-film?instance=homethirdleft

As a footnote, I just found out that the minister who organized the protest, one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet, was threatened. Just dumbass stupid.

No comments: